Journal

Saturday, November 1, 2008

All Souls Day

Hooray . . .

All souls day. The day of the dead. The day of remembering our ancestors,
those that walked before us.

It got me to thinking, who would I be, if I could be anyone that has
passed from the
physical dimension?

Within a few seconds, I decided Helen Keller would be my ideal girl. With
the condition it could only be for one day!

I would choose Helen - pre Annie Sullivan (her brilliant teacher and
friend). I could
be wild and naughty with acute sensory enhancement of touch and taste and
smell. Oh my, what a combo meal I could create with those aspects.

This choice could provide unlimited avenues of self-expression as well as
an open door to an acute lack of self expression. Top that off with the
special
delivery of a family that didn't expect anything from me, in any way,
shape or form.
I loved my choice. I could be wicked for one day, and one day only.

However then I remembered, Helen couldn't visually see the love in her
mother's smile and the way her lips gently curved before she kissed her
cheek. Nor could she hear the purr of a kitten's contentment or joy in
the voice of her friend and companion Martha.

I was starting to reconsider my lightning quick choice, and allowed myself to
feel deeply the depths of Helen's courage and brave heart.

With new found appreciation,I'm glad Helen choose to dive head first into
her darkness, and allow love and her own self truth to reign supreme.

She was and is a brilliant example for all of us.

Celebrate all the beauty and color of this day.

Honor your ancestors, honor you. For you are an ancestor in the making!

Love yourself deeply,
Rhonda

Who would you choose to be for just one day?

You can learn more about Helen Keller at www.afb.org

No comments: